Tuesday, August 10, 2010

When You Accept Yourself and Take a Leap Of Faith

I Am What I Am.

Be What You Are

image

99.99% of us have been taught this, bombarded with these statements since childhood.

What they have forgotten to tell us is about what to do when you want to incorporate this in your life, how to do it, and what are the consequences of doing what you want to

 

You will know this by not reading books, or talking to people.

You will know this only by Accepting Yourself.

 

I accepted myself. I used to say, I am different from others. When I asked myself what I am doing to make myself worthy of saying this, I had no answer

And then not just for the bloody sake of answer for this question, I took a leap of faith

 

Almost 2 months back, I was spending my whole day at Crosswords reading AGK’s Ten Much and my mind changed.

First question: Why I am I sitting at crosswords whole day? Don’t I have work? Yes I did. But I did not know what to do with that work. Because I did not like what I did.

The next day too I did the same. It was 15th of June and I made up something in my mind. I had a job and it was gonna pay me well, if I stuck to it

 

Before than let me tell you what I think, a/c to my perception is right and wrong

Right: Something you do, that makes sense in the short term as well as long term and still manages to keep you happy

Wrong: Something you do, that may not make sense, and may keep you happy in short term, but long term, you are doubtful about it

 

So then I took up a very important decision of my life. To choose between being Right and Wrong. I Quit that job and made a call to the founder of my company, that I did “it”.

 

You know what is difficult? To become a variable that is the part of the equation and the solution too. When you are ready, you become both and start the search for yourself.

 

A leap of faith is what is required, when you start believing in yourself. I work now for Redquanta and its absolutely, being working for myself. Leap of faith, may not always pay off and may have its own consequences. Consequences, like being detached from friends, not able to give time to family, meet personal chores, forget what day it is, dream about work work work… and a day that starts at 7 a.m. and ends at may be 1 a.m but being happy about it.

 

So this leap of faith, seems to have its own consequences. Here I am on this blog after almost 2 months. Last two months have passed like a jiffy, with so much accomplished, learnt, experienced, that I would never have, had I stayed in that job for  years.

 

Life gives you chances and opportunities. Take it. How mine happened, will talk about that later. This post is a result of partially satisfied mind, after sending off a major deliverable to our client. Similar day may not be possible tomorrow again.

 

As I said, accepting yourself is the most difficult challenge. Then each challenge thereafter is a learning.

No comments: